Recently, I started container gardening. As I’m planting vegetables and herbs, I realized that the plants are focusing their energies on their roots.
It made me wonder, are you nourishing your roots?
We’re in the midst of fall and winter is around the corner. Now is a good time to be like a plant, which is returning its energy to its roots, and make a mindful, conscious effort to slow down, focus inward, and prepare for the cold winter months.
Life is busy. I get it. It’s easy to forget self-care.
But don’t forget that self-care is showing up for you — mind, body, and spirit. Keep in mind that self-care is individual. It’s defined by you.
Taking time for yourself doesn't have to be a grand production—small, consistent efforts can go a long way. Here are 12 self care tips that can make a big difference.
- Deep Breathing: Inhale for 4 counts, hold for 4, exhale for 4. Repeat. Instant calm.
- Nature Breaks: Spend time outdoors. Fresh air and sunlight can do wonders for your mood and skin.
- Unplug for 30 Minutes: Give your eyes and mind a break from screens. Find a quiet place to sit in silence.
- Power Nap: A 20-minute nap can do wonders for your energy levels.
- Create a Happy Playlist: Music can change your mood in minutes.
- Warm Bath: Take a warm bath or shower. It's a simple way to relax your muscles and unwind.
- Stretch It Out: Spend 5 minutes stretching. Your body will thank you.
- Early to Bed: Ensure you get enough sleep. Establish a bedtime routine for better sleep quality.
- Reading Breaks: Escape into a good book for a few minutes. It's a mental vacation.
- Power of No: Learn to say, “No,” when necessary. It's okay to prioritize yourself.
- Try a New Recipe: Cooking can be therapeutic, and you get a tasty reward.
- Mind Games: Play a quick brain teaser or puzzle. It's fun and keeps your mind sharp.
Remember, self-care is about doing what makes you feel good, even in small doses. You got this!
Let me know what you think or share your favorite self-care practice.
Thank you for tagging along to Work With Me Wednesday. Comment or ask your question(s) below.
Also, please share this video with friends and family. If this was forwarded to you by a friend, sign up for our newsletter to receive these videos and more direct to your inbox.
See you next time.