Sugar may not be the best thing for your stomach, but it’s sweet treat for dry skin. Thanks to Cleopatra, we are gifted with the revered sugar scrubs. With a little extra pampering, you can fend off dry, flaky skin before it makes a home on your body.
Body scrubs are great for exfoliation.
Body scrubs gently remove the outer layer of your skin. Thus, eliminating dead skin cells, dirt and oil. This facilitates in unclogging your pores and exposing healthier looking skin.
Body scrubs are blended with sugars, moisturizing oils, sea salts, and essential oils.
- Sugar naturally contains the alpha hydroxy acid, glycolic acid, which exfoliates skin and boosts hydration. It's also a humectant, which retains moisture.
- Oils replenish the oils your body loses during showering and bathing. Look for scrubs that contain sweet almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, apricot oil, or a combination of these oils. These are vitamin-rich, skin healing, hydrating, and protecting oils.
- The sea salt is packed with beneficial minerals like magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium. This rejuvenates tired dry skin, stimulates cell growth, detoxifies, improves circulation, and helps skin absorb and retain moisture.
- The essential oils promote new cell growth, skin elasticity, skin firmness, skin tone, and provide aromatherapy benefits.
How to Use a Body Scrub
Done properly, a sugar scrub allows your skin to absorb moisture better and it reveals smoother, more even skin. What is there not to like about body scrubs? Now let’s make sure you get this party started right.
- Wet your clean skin with warm water in the shower for a few minutes.
- Turn off the water.
- Scoop a handful of scrub into the palm of your hand. Be sure to use a spoon to scoop out the scrub to prevent water getting in your scrub and creating mold or bacteria.
- Rub the scrub in your palms until loosened. Gently massage into your skin in a circular motion. Do not over-scrub. It’s good to start from the feet up towards your heart. This is best for circulation.
- After you complete your massage, rinse off with warm water. Pat your skin semi-dry.
- Apply natural body oil for intense moisture.
So indulge, but no more than once per week. Enjoy softer, healthier, glowing skin as a result of using a body scrub. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose, but dry, lackluster skin. Happy exfoliating.