2 cups organic whole wheat bread flour
1TBSP baking powder (aluminum-free)
1 ½ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
½ cup cold coconut oil, cut into small pieces
1 cup homemade almond milk, cold
1 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp. ground nutmeg (optional)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large bowl, whisk together your first three ingredients. Here is where you can add spices, herbs, or zest. I added ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.
- Add pieces of coconut oil to dry ingredients using a pastry cutter or fork. You want the consistency of coarse meal.
- Add homemade almond milk and stir until combined. You want the batter to be lumpy, not smooth. I also added pure vanilla extract.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scooper, drop large mounds onto an ungreased baking sheet. Keep them about 2-inches apart. They do not spread greatly while baking.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!