It’s no wonder pomegranates have been called the ‘fruit of paradise’. Only something from paradise can have such amazing benefits for your body internally and externally. Pomegranates, with their thick reddish skin, may be hard to eat and messy, but they are nutrient dense and rejuvenating for your skin.
Benefits of Pomegranate for Skin
- Rich in vitamin B. Vitamin B Complex increases hydration in dry or sensitive skin giving it a healthy glow.
- Antioxidant vitamin C helps fight free radicals, which are responsible for wrinkles and sagging and helps collagen (responsible for skin strength and elasticity) production. Vitamin C also aids in smoothing, firming skin and fading brown spots.
- Antioxidant vitamin E helps skin retain its natural moisturizers to keep your skin from looking rough, dry and reduces the appearance of scars. It offers UV sun protection and fights free radicals.
- Vitamin K helps lighten dark under-eye circles, bruises and helps with wrinkle reduction.
- Calcium helps prevent fragile, thin skin.
- Magnesium helps retain moisture in skin and prevents acceleration of skin aging.
- Potassium and sodium paired help regulate water in your body’s cells, which prevents dry skin and other skin conditions.
- Zinc helps tame oil production in acne sufferers.
- Natural fatty acids help your skin produce a natural oil barrier to keep your skin hydrated, plumper, and younger looking.
Pomegranate seed oil is recommended for…
- Dry skin
- Skin conditions (eczema and psoriasis)
- Mature and aging skin
- Sunburned skin
As we enter pomegranate season, try some natural pomegranate seed oil. It’s an excellent moisturizer for its many skin benefits.